DEVON ETHICAL SOURCING AND SUSTAINABILITY GUIDELINES
Ethical Sourcing and Sustainability Guidelines
Devon takes seriously its ethical and social responsibilities and are committed to ensure that our suppliers adhere to our legal, moral and ethical standards by upholding human rights and fair working conditions.
All products purchased by Devon come from ethical sources and Devon by association are not party to any illegal or unethical manufacturing standards. Devon has placed significant measures in place and all employees, agents and suppliers must comply with these guidelines always.
Devon guidelines established that all parties must adhere to as a minimum are
- Agents and suppliers either domestic Australia or off shore must comply with all laws, building codes, regulations and industrial relations of the respective country in which they conduct business.
- Annual compliance certificates must be presented to Devon.
Devon also will not accept any of the following practices from our suppliers
- Illegal conduct
- Child labour
- Unsafe working conditions
- Inhumane treatment
Devon in its ethical sourcing statement will only source fabrics that comply with the OEKO-TEX 100 Standard
- Important legal regulations, such as banned Azo colourants, formaldehyde, pentachlorophenol, cadmium, nickel, etc.
- Numerous harmful chemicals, even if they are not yet legally regulated